Andharban Bike n Hike :
Andhar [अंधार] in Marathi means Darkness and Ban [बन] means jungle. The trail begins at Lonavala and passes through the scenic views of Bhushi dam , amby valley, saltar khind and finally reaches the start point of Andharban. The first day would comprise of 50 km cycling. On day 2 we would be hiking for about 13 km through the dense forest of Andharban.
Day and Date : October 20 & 21, 2018
Trail Attractions : Bhushi dam, tiger point, lion point, amby valley, saltar khind, Andharban, Pimpri Dam, kundalika valley, Hirdi village.
Duration : 2 day + 1 night
Distance : 50 km cycling + 13 km trekking
Difficulty Level : High endurance needed
Reporting at : Lonavala Railway station at 8:00 AM.
How to Reach :
From Pune : Catch 6.25 AM local train from Pune.
From Mumbai : many express trains available from CST. Indrayani express will get you to Lonavala by 7:50 AM.
Things to Carry :
• Sports shoes or sandals with good grip, extra pair of clothes
• 2 lit water bottle(compulsory), 3/4ths or shorts or track bottoms, Cap, sunglasses
• Personal medication requirements if any.
• Hygienic requirements, pullover, blanket
• Torch, ID proof, security deposit for cycle(INR 1000).
Schedule of the Trail:
Day 1: Cycling (50 km)
1. Reporting at Lonavala railway station by 8:00 AM sharp.
2. 8:00 – 8:30 AM:- Introduction with the group, Bicycle Distribution, briefing of the trail and gear shifting info.
4. 8:45 AM : The trail begins from Lonavala . Lunch on the way
5. Around 4.30 PM : Reach Andharban trek start point. Visit Pimpri dam and kundalika valley view point.
6. 8:00 – 9:00 PM : Dinner
7. 9:00 PM : Move to the campsite and the fun continues around a bonfire.
Day 2: Trekking (13 km)
1. 5:00 AM :- Today we need to start early. Wake up call and breakfast.
2. 6:00 AM :- Trek to Andharban.
3. 11:00 AM : Reach Hirdi village. Have lunch
4. 2:00 PM : Reach ghutake village. The end point of the bike n hike expedition
5. All participants will be transferred to Lonavala railway station by local transport. Assistance will be provided to reach respective stations.
• 2 Breakfast, , 2 lunch(veg), 1 Dinner(veg)
• Bicycle and helmet, Tent accommodation on sharing basis
• Transfer on day 2 from base village to lonavala station.
• First aid and backup vehicle support during cycling.
• Forest entry if any
• Personal orders of tea/coffee, mineral water.
• Anything not mentioned in Inclusions
Trail Fees :
1. 2000 per participant.
Video : https://youtu.be/CMd3w9zWixc
Who can participate : All cycling enthusiasts.
How to participate :
You can transfer online by using UPI / Paytm / NEFT.
TEZ : 9028280766
UPI : [email protected]
NEFT : Please call for details.
Cancellation Policy : 20 days prior – Full refund
6 days prior – 80% refund
6 days from the event date, no refund will be provided.
Please follow the timings given and we will make sure that nothing is missed from the decided plan.
Behavior during trek
Participants are expected to behave cordially with each other. Smoking and alcohol consumption is strictly prohibited. Please make sure a person’s behavior does not prove to be a discomfort for others.
Disclaimer - The participants will participate at their own risk and the organisers shall not be responsible for any loss what so ever caused due to accidents, if any, during the trek.
Deepti Dhondge : 8237873592