What We Collect
Cyclop Gear may collect the following information:
· Personal details: Name, email address
· Account details: username, password (stored in encrypted format)
· The images and description text that the user may write about him/herself
· Photos, descriptions, locations and categorization information provided for listings
· The buying, selling or comments and discussion information for a listing
· The offers and requests the user has posted to the service
· User and listing feedback
· Information you provide through your participation in community discussions, chats, dispute resolution, correspondence through our sites, or correspondence sent to us
· Statistical data about service usage, e.g. number times the user has logged in
· Device ID or unique identifier, device type, unique device token
· Geo-location information, including location information from your browser or mobile device
· Social network information where it is provided - for example Facebook or Twitter IDs
Information is provided by the user upon registration, when creating a listing, buying a listing, interaction with a listing, messaging other users, or in other ways.
What We Do With The Information We Gather
Cyclop Gear requires this information to better understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
· Internal record keeping
· Communication between Cyclop Gear and users
· Communication between users
· Buying and selling of items
We may use the information to improve our products and services, customize our advertising and marketing, to detect, prevent and mitigate fraudulent or illegal activities. We retain your personal information as long as it is necessary and relevant for our operations.
Some personal details are visible on the profile page of the user, but those details are voluntary (except name).
Marketing. We do not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
Advertising. We do not allow third parties to track or collect your personal information on our site for their own advertising purposes without your explicit consent.
The handling of personal details is not outsourced, but the data may be stored on a server that is rented from a third party company.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file that asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to Other Websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement.
You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.